Monday, June 16, 2008

PrettyRock.com: International Schools of Gemology Comparison Chart













When I started researching where I wanted to take gemology classes, I had a hard time comparing all the different choices. So, I have put together this chart to help compare schools. Trying to find all the information on each school can require some digging, so this is a work in progress. If you can help fill in any of the blanks, please let me know.


http://www.prettyrock.com/international_schools_of_gemology.htm

I've finally decided on the distance classes at GIA (Gem-A was a close second!) I like that I can take the program one class at a time, and have been very happy with the class materials. I've finished the diamonds class and am in the middle of the colored stones class. I'll be taking the lab classes in August and can't wait!

If you are looking for great information with a much smaller price tag (as in free or close to it) try the International Gem Society or Dr Barbara Smigel's Online Class. Both are fantasitic resources for rockhounds!

No comments: