Friday, March 02, 2007

AKS Gem Shows - LaQuinta and Howard Johnson



These two shows have merged in my brain, and I am not sure which photos are from where! They are right next two each other, and no real clear definition between them...at least not to my rock tired mind. They are both run by AKS.
Outside at La Quinta. I got interesting rock here. It was labeled as halite, but it isn't. I think it is a Russian synthetic amethyst. We saw little piece of it at another show, a little piece of it for $35. I'll try to get a photo of it up here. Whatever it turns out to be..it was a bargain!

Display of rough...please don't drool on the glass.

Giant geode with calcite crystal. The box is about the size of a pizza box and says DO NOT TOUCH...so of course we had to. Boy did we get a dirty look!

A gorgeous stone carving...I love the way the light comes through the wings.Giant fossils (I think they are ammonites?)


Fire opal dealers at the Howard Johnson.Everyone is required to have the picture taken with a giant rock at least once!

No comments: